Monday, October 17, 2011

Zucchini Boats - Delish!

Now that I am officially addicted to Pinterest I have been baking, cooking, and crafting daily. It's been fun and I'm really enjoying it!

However, this recipe is a spin off of Matt's sister's zucchini boat recipe. I've never actually seen this recipe OR seen her cook this, but I've tried her zucchini boats before and I've been wanting them ever since! SO, tonight I decided to wing it and I will be making these again VERY soon!


Zucchini Boats

Ingredients:
4 zucchinis (cut lengthwise)
1 pkg. mild sausage
1/2 red pepper (diced)
1/2 green pepper (diced)
1 smallish sweet onion (diced)
Monterrey Jack shredded cheese (8oz. bag)
1 TBSP butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Slice the zucchinis in half lengthwise. Place in oven cut side up on a baking sheet for about 8 minutes.

While the zucchini is baking... Melt your butter in a large skillet or sauce pan and add your onion, red pepper, and green pepper. Saute over medium/high heat until onions are translucent and peppers are cooked.

In separate pan brown your sausage.

Now, scoop out the meat of your zucchinis (you can use a spoon or a melon baller), chop it up and add it to the onion mixture - cover and cook until the zucchini is soft. Then, add the browned sausage and mix well. Last, pour around half the bag of shredded cheese in and mix.

Lightly salt and pepper the inside of your zucchini boats. Then spoon the sausage mixture into the zucchini boats and sprinkle more cheese on top.

Place them back into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

Let me know if you try it!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am planning on making these tomorrow night! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete