Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Finally...

So, I've been a total slacker! I haven't updated my blog in forever!!

I've been working hard though! School has started and I have a really good group! I think it's going to be a good year! I'm excited.

AND! I decided this week that I am going to take on a new challenge this year. Everyone at my school wants morning announcements... not just on the intercom, like we do now... but "real" announcements... videoed with student anchors. I have decided that I'm going to take on this responsibility. Matt has agreed to help me with the editing and initial start up (which is awesome, because he is REALLY good at this stuff) and I will get the videos. Matt is going to teach me what he knows and hopefully I will learn a lot! I am going to have the kids (4th graders) come to my room after school and we will set up a nice background and video everything in there with my Flip Video Camera. Then, we will use iMovie on my apple to edit. I'm really excited! I'm going to have a theme for each day (like "Wacky Wednesday") and record different school activities to share with everyone. Anyone have any good ideas??

Should be fun!

I promise to post some pictures soon!

6 comments:

  1. You're right, FINALLY! I've been wondering how the school year is going!

    That's great about the videoing. I've always wanted to know how to do that. Sometimes people have cute videos on their blogs with titles and music and stuff and it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have morning on announcements on "I-TV". We have two anchors who report the weather and the lunch menu, then we have a person to lead us in the pledge and national anthem, and then our guidance counselor comes on with the "thought of the day". Maybe you could get your guidance counselors involved.

    Glad you are back in the land of blogging! We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if you ever need help, I'm the TV productions teacher at Auburndale High. I can help out with whatever you need. I did it going through school, as well.

    I have some cool stuff if you wanna borrow it. Nice to see you the other night, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'll definitely let you know! When I get the first week done - starting next week. I'll bring it to our class and show you! :) It was good to see you too!

    ReplyDelete