Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fall Fun!

Okay.. so basically I'm not the greatest blogger in the world... BUT I sure do love reading everyone elses!

I've been pretty busy lately... Let me catch you up.

1. We've been enjoying every possible holiday celebratory activity possible. We've been carving pumpkins, baking cookies, listening to Christmas music (I know it's early, but I don't care!), and decorating for all the holidays.

Matt's Cookies:Group Effort:



My Pumpkin:
Matt's Pumpkin:Celebration & Pumpkin Spice Lattes (Matt LOVES them!):
Matt made this for me (he's pretty awesome):

2. I started the "Good Morning, Wildcats!" morning show at my school. It's been going great! The kids love it, the teachers love it, and administration loves it too! It's a LOT of work, but it's totally worth it. Matt has helped me SO MUCH with this. He has taught me how to use iMovie and been very patient while I asked MANY questions that first week (when he did a LOT of work). It takes me and another brave teacher (whom I love for helping me) 30 minutes everyday after school to record the kids... Then it takes me about an hour and a half every night to edit it to make it work for each morning. I'm hoping this will get faster as I get better. *I wish I could put an example on here, but I can't because of all those school rules!!! - bummer!

3. I started taking a cake decorating class once a week. I really like it and I've learned a lot. It's once a week and my Aunt Pam is taking the course with me. We just started course 2 last week.



4. Mary Grace and Mikey asked me to be Grady's God Mother! I said yes and I couldn't be more excited. I love Grady and I love MG (and Mikey) and I really feel so honored to be apart of their lives in this way. They will never know how loved they have made me feel!
*I'm going to visit them in 2 weeks - I can't wait!

5. We had a big fall festival at school a couple weeks ago and there was a big auction. Each grade level had to give a basket(s) to be auctioned off. The grade level that raised the most money from their basket(s) received a 1/2 day off of school (the teachers only) paid and it doesn't count against your hours. WE WON! YEAH! I auctioned off (along with 2 others on my team) a date to see Junie B. Jones the Musical at a local theater and ice cream with ME! Check out this blog to see how well it went! - Too funny!

Oh, and at the festival there was a game to see who could eat a doughnut hanging on a string the fastest... no hands! It was a fight when we started playing! I came in second! It was much harder than it looked! haha!

6. We've been cooking a lot... Matt has came up with some pretty crazy, but tasty recipes!

Spaghetti Burgers:

Taco Burgers:*Yes, they were actually REALLY good!


Okay... I think you're caught up. Now, leave me some comments! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! A post from you! I've been wondering what's up witcha.

    Wow, you are good at winning stuff.

    Now, I know you said you can't post the video on the blog, but can you email it to me? I wanna see your cute kiddos!

    Have fun at Grady's baptism. You are the perfect Godmother and you'll help raise him up right :)

    Okay, last but not least, I wanna take a cake decorating class!!! How fun! Actually, I did take a cake decorating class in 6th grade through the 4-H summer club, but I don't remember anything. And, now that I have a baby it'll make WAY more sense for me to make birthday cakes than buy them. Where'd you find this? Surely they have to have something like this where I live????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could email it, but it's WAY too big! I'll have to come visit you instead!

    I'm very excited about going to see Grady and MG at the baptism. and THANK YOU! :)

    I'm taking my class at Michael's craft store. They offer them all the time. They don't pressure you or push you along, it's really laid back and super fun! You should do it! AND It's only once a week for about 2 hours. Each course is 5 weeks long. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post? I don't know! You have been so busy! I love the cakes. They are just precious. Grady is VERY excited to see his godmother, and so is his mommy! And those cookies are just the cutest thing in the world!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete