Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My First Post.

Welcome to my blog. My best friend, Mary Grace decided that I needed a blog... So, here I am. My life is not that exciting, but at least I have one reader!

Today was the PERFECT day to start one because I'm stuck in the airport. I know you are wondering why... LET ME TELL YOU!

I'm going on a babysitting trip to Idaho. My flight leaves at 11am. I wake up in plenty of time. Everything was packed and ready to go when I woke up. I leave for Tampa, a 45 minute drive, at 8:30am. This should put me at the airport at about 9:30 which will give me plenty of time to check in and get a Starbucks coffee for the flight. WRONG! Traffic on the way to Tampa was HORRIBLE. We were moving about 5 mph and I was FREAKING OUT! Matt was driving (a calm, cautious driver) and assuring me we would make it in time for me to get on my flight. Until the clock read 10:30 and we were STILL NOT AT THE AIRPORT. At this point I'm REALLY freaking out! When we get to the airport at 10:50am I rush out of the car to get into a line that is 100 people long (all who also missed their flights). They try to find me a new way to get to Idaho, all while I'm tell them that I HAVE to get to Salt Lake City to meet the family I'm babysitting at their connecting flight. They assure me they will do whatever they can to help me get to where I'm going...

So... It's 11am and the best they could do...

Leave Tampa at 5:30pm to Salt Lake City
Leave Salt Lake City at 9:11 to reach Idaho Falls at 10:15pm

That is 5 hours AFTER I was supposed to be there and now that I wont be there at the same time as the family... I will be driving by myself an hour away to Victor, ID (wherever that is).

Let me tell you... Tampa Airport... NOT that exciting!

Luckily Matt stayed with me for the first 4 hours and we had a lovely lunch at Carrabba's.

OH... and It's pouring down rain right now... I'll let you know if I ever make it to Idaho! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog!!! You better keep it up so I can always know what's going on!

    I'm sorry to hear about your traveling troubles! Airports suck! Just think, you'll be relaxing in a beautiful mountain home very soon... well, relaxing might be a bit of a stretch, since you'll be with three kids, but you get my drift... love you!

    ReplyDelete