Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Victor, Idaho

I finally made it to my destination! YAY!

I'm here with the Tallahassee family I've been babysitting for since college. They are tons of fun and spoil me rotten while I'm with them. I'm so lucky that they take me on so many of their family vacations. Now that I've graduated they fly me from Tampa to meet them on their many destinations.

This trip takes us to Victor, ID. They just got this BEAUTIFUL home in the valley (I didn't take a pic of the house yet) with a great view of the grand Tetons. It's AWSOME here!



This is the view from the back porch.













I got here on July 1st and I leave on July 10th.

So far, we have hiked up a mountain, gone to a rodeo, white water rafted, biked 12 miles (3 days in a row), went to palates, biked to yoga, went horseback riding (that will have to be a different post... I'm so not an equestrian), experienced the famous huckleberry milkshakes at the Emporium, got massages, and went fly fishing with a guide.

Here are just a few pictures... I'll post more later!



This is where we hiked - Targhee Mountain












Mustaches the kids picked up in town...

hahahaha












Driving ABOVE the clouds to go raft!













Crazy random hail storm - yes, that is all hail!!

















Fly Fishing - I caught 21 fish!!!













I'll spare you ALL 21 pictures :)











I'm having a BLAST!! Tomorrow we are going to shopping, to the pool at the country club, and then to the movies! I hope to post some more pictures soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME trip! You look like you're having a blast! (Love the fly fishing pics...was it hard?) Show us the house and more pics soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't that hard. We did "wet fly fishing" not "dry fly fishing" and I was informed that "dry fly" is much harder. I was catching fish, so I really didn't care if I was doing it correctly or not! :) I'll try to post more pics tomorrow when I'm in the airport!

    ReplyDelete