Monday, July 20, 2009

The Windy City

We LOVED Chicago! Matt and I had so much fun on our trip. I don't think we could have fit in one more thing on any given day. We woke up early (for Matt) each morning and stayed out late each night. We arrived early in the day on Wednesday and left late on Saturday, giving us 3 FULL days.

THE HIGHLIGHTS:


The John Hancock Building
-fastest elevator (27 seconds up 94 floors-WOW!)
-best views of the city
-delicious cafe/bakery at the top





Second City Comedy Club

-FuNnY


Giordano's Pizza
-my first experience with the "Chicago style deep dish"
-Matt's personal favorite (yes, we compared with Gino's East)






Gino's East Pizza
-my personal favorite
-you get to write on the walls (of course I did)
-the walls are crazy!!!









Water Taxi/Tour

-$7/person to take the boat from the Navy Pier to Museum Park
-We took a survey and got 2 FREE tickets
-We used our tickets to go on the $28/person Architectural Tour down the river for FREE!
-It was FUN & a little COLD at night!










Lou Mitchell's

-AWESOME breakfast
-doughnut holes while you wait
-milk duds for the girls
-fun and friendly atmosphere
-great coffee!
-THANKS for the recommendation MG!









Millennium Park

-THE BEAN
-4 blocks from our hotel
-THE BEAN
-pretty, cool, fun, relaxing
-THE BEAN
-nice little park restaurant (good burgers)










MOSI
-The Harry Potter Exhibit was great (Matt LOVED it).

The Art Institute - FREE on Thursday nights 5pm-8pm

The Beach
- Seriously... Is Lake Michigan really a LAKE? It sure feels like an OCEAN while you are standing on the sand, drinking a frozen mango margarita, watching the locals play volleyball, and the little kids making sand castles. I mean... I've never seen a great lake before this... it was INCREDIBLE!! I could not stop talking about how BIG and unbelievable this lake was (I guess I still can't).









The Navy Pier

-Ferris Wheel (quite possibly one of the scariest things I've done since the horseback riding)
-beautiful views
-lots of ice cream
-boats (water taxi/tour)
-funny mirrors













FUN FACTS:



-The Professional Silver Robotic Street Dancers (I'm pretty sure that is their official Chicagoan title) were AWESOME! I want to be able to do "the robot" SO BADLY! I practice often and I am basically the worst robot ever!






-Matt HATES frogs!















-We ate nothing but burgers, pizza, and hotdogs the ENTIRE trip (excluding breakfast). I'm pretty sure that is some kind of major accomplishment. We felt good about it and are basically professionals at picking out, tasting, and rating food in these 3 categories. Feel free to contact either of us for more
information on this topic. :)



-Chicago has the coolest parks!







-I kinda have a crush on this guy...










-Saturdays are VERY crowded in the city.






-This was me and Matt's first official trip together! AND we still love each other! - So it was a success!

We really had SO MUCH fun exploring the city, riding the busses, going on many adventures, and spending lots of time together. Matt's the best!- I think we'll do it again! :)


**I know this post looks completely unorganized, but what is showing up on my editing page is NOT happening on my blog page. I'm frustrated and giving up on it looking the way I want. If you have suggestions... I'd like to hear them!**

3 comments:

  1. I loved the post! I know you guys had lots of fun and you even brought back memories from me and Mikey's trip two years ago. What fun! Wouldn't you move there in a heartbeat? It would be sad leaving FL beaches, but there is so much to do there! (PS- I'll call you with blog hints) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS!!! and YES we would totally move there too! We could all go together... That's the only way we'd be able to afford to live in the Trump Tower or some where equally as cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, too! And I think it looks great, as I was reading I was wondering why I never thought to do highlights of trips like you did! Glad you and Matt didn't kill each other, too.

    ReplyDelete